Soft as a mini cake.
In the past few weeks I have been experimenting with different types of flour -and as a coconut lover, coconut flour was one of the first ones I got!
I have already made this recipe 4 times and every time, the cookies *magically* disappear in just one hour. This recipe is amazingly fast and easy. You can even wake up in the morning, combine and bake the ingredients, and until you get ready for the day, the cookies will be also ready for consumption. Such a hit!
In case you haven’t really experimented with a flour other than the classical wheat flour, I should tell you that not all types of flour have the same properties. You can’t just substitute one for another and expect the recipe to turn out the same. For the beginners, I would suggest you first follow some already tried recipes (you can find many online), according to the flour you want to use and when you get used to its properties/taste, you can start mixing it in your own recipes.
So, let us start!
For this recipe, you will need:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
3 eggs (room temperature would be ideal)
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 chocolate cut in small pieces
Note: Alternatively, you can use chocolate chips, or -if you are not a chocolate lover (what?!)- a mix of raisins/walnuts would be just as perfect.
- Preheat the oven to 190·C.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (coconut flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt) in a big bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil and pure vanilla extract.
- Mix everything together (personally, I like to use the hand mixer). Be careful! Don’t overmix the ingredients -only just until they are combined.
- Leave the mix aside for 5 minutes, in order for the coconut flour to draw in all the liquid.
- Wet your hands (to prevent sticking of the dough) and start making the cookies. Note that these cookies will not spread like the conventional cookies, while in the oven. The coconut flour will hold everything together.
- You will get 12-14 cookies.
- Place them on a large baking pan which you have already lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let the cookies cool down a little.
- Enjoy! Soft cookies… with pieces of melted chocolate… and subtle coconut taste…
That was it! So easy, you have no excuse not to make them right now. 😉
I hope you enjoy them and if you make them, don’t forget to take an instagram photo with the hashtag #parlezmoideserenite, so I can see them.
Have a nice day, filled with happiness and tasty cookies!